EndSARS: All you need to about the new rule on SARS, STS and others.
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu, has banned the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS) and tactical squads, from operating on Nigerian roads.
You all know about the brutality of the SARS for a long time which has lead to many Nigerian calling for the stop and end of SARS.
Few things u need to know about the new rule.
• The IGP has ban FSARS, STS, ITR from routine patrol.
• All police on tactical assignment or patrol must not been ordinary uniform.
• No more ordinary or Low-risk duties like stop and search, check point, mounting of block and others.
• All police personal must be on their uniform when they are on official assignment.
• They also ban from authorized search of mobile phones, laptops and other smart devices.
• They have been directed to concentrate and responded only to the cases of arm robbery, kidnapping and violent crime when it arise.
• The Squads and the monitoring units have been order to monitor the new rule and arrest any officer that go against the new order.
Know your right.
If cases of any harassment by police personal contact the:
DIG, department for Operation 08037025670
IGP X-SQUAD 0902 690 0729, 08078662130, 08174041000 – CALLS,
Please kindly share your your opinion abt this new law on SARS.